Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Bevy of Balms

Well, maybe not a bevy, but more than one. I've always been a hoarder of lip care products; in middle school/high school I was all about the lip gloss, but now I've moved to balms. I will buy any kind of lip balm, especially if it smells nice. Here are some that I've picked up recently.



First is the eos balm in summer fruit. I've been wanting to try one of these for a long time, but never picked one up until just this past weekend. I think the packaging is really cool, and it smells amazing, pretty much what you would expect a summer fruit to smell like. To me it makes me think of watermelon mixed with a hint of citrus. It goes on smoothly, too, and keeps my lips moist for a while.



Here's what it looks like opened. eos, which stands for evolution of smooth, products can be found at any drugstore. I picked this one up at Wal-Mart for something like $2.69. Very budget-friendly!



These three are some of my all-time favorites. I think most people have probably heard of Burt's Bees, so I won't spend a ton of time reviewing this one. It's the original Beeswax Lip Balm, which I love because it leaves that tingly feeling after you put it on your lips. It is certified by the Leaping Bunny program, meaning they don't test on animals. But, it's noted on the Leaping Bunny site that Burt's Bees is a "Cruelty-free subsidiary of parent company that does not comply with the Leaping Bunny Standard." Something worth noting if you want to buy only cruelty-free products.


The two balms flanking Burt's are by Crazy Rumors, another Leaping Bunny certified company (that is not owned by a company that doesn't comply!). I actually found out about them via Leaping Bunny, which is cool. The green one is from their Candy Cane collection and is "Pear and Peppermint," the orange is from the Brew line and is "Spiced Chai." I actually got these for free; I won them in a giveaway that Crazy Rumors did on their Facebook page.




These lip balms are fantastic. They go on smooth and hydrate well, and they smell great! The Pear & Peppermint leaves just a little bit of tingle, but not nearly as much as the Burt's Bees. The Spiced Chai (one of my favorite scents and flavors ever) is delicious. Crazy Rumors has a ton of yummy flavors to try, all of which cost $3.49. They also have a line of colored lip products, check it all out at their website!


Bottom Line:
  • eos - smells great, fun packaging
  • Burt's Bees - love the tingly feeling, is cruelty-free, but owned by a company that does not comply to Leaping Bunny's standards
  • Crazy Rumors - deliciously-scented vegan, cruelty-free lip balms with great hydration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.