Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Great Deal on Julep Maven

If you couldn't tell, my newest obsession is monthly product subscription services. It all started when I discovered Birchbox back in August, and it has snowballed from there. I never realized there were so many services like these! I've already subscribed to Eco Emi as well. There are a few more I'm interested in, namely Blissmobox and Conscious Box (more eco-friendly boxes).

Anyway, I had heard of Julep Maven through my box explorations, but nail polish isn't really something that interests me. This service is $19.99 a month for a box that is supposed to contain $40-$60 worth of merchandise, but when I look up peoples' reviews all that's in their boxes are a few dinky nail polishes and one other item. Julep's nail polishes do retail for $14, which is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. But like I said -- I'm not really into nail polish.

But yet, I still decided to buy a Julep Maven box! Why? Because it only cost me $5 with free shipping. $5! I couldn't pass up the opportunity--instead of paying that much for a slice of pizza and a Coke on my lunch break this Friday, I'll get a fun box in the mail. If it had just been nail polishes I probably would have passed, but what got me was the hand scrub.


Let me backtrack for a second: when you sign up for Julep Maven, you fill out a survey that categorizes you into a beauty profile. I got "American Beauty," which was spot on for my style. So I'll be getting the American Beauty sneak peek box, which contains:

  • Lindsay, a deep, dark burgundy polish
  • Shania, a pearly silver-champagne polish
  • Julep "Facial for Hands" Glycolic Hand Scrub, which contains glycolic acid combined with apricot seeds for double exfoliation that leaves your hands noticeably softer after just one use.

I'm pretty stoked for the hand scrub! I love products like that. I've been considering ordering the Mary Kay Satin Hands set for $30, but $5 sounds much better! I watched an unboxing video from a girl who got that product and I'm pretty sure it's a full-sized bottle. If not, it looked like a pretty huge sample bottle.

I used the code FB at checkout in the "discount code" box. I found it via Retail Me Not (another great site--never buy something online before checking to see if they have any discount codes!).

The code was posted a month ago as of 9 November 2011, so I don't know how much longer it will be active for. I hope it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.