Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Badger Balm Review

This review is for one of my all-time favorite organic companies, WS Badger Company, or as they're more popularly known as, Badger Balm. Their slogan is "Powerfully Pure Body Care," which is so true.
Badger sells a ton of products, from soaps to lip balms to sunscreen...basically any kind of body care product you could ever need. Even bug spray! Their most famous products are their balms, which I absolutely love.



Badger Balms are oil-based, so they are a little different than what most people have probably tried. But they're very potent; a little goes a long way. The tins that I own are the Stress Soother, Original Balm, and the Cheerful Mind balm (not shown above), as well as the Sweet Orange Cocoa Butter Lip Balm (more about that one later).

Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the main ingredient in the balms. These products are not vegan, however; they do contain beeswax. The scents are added using a variety of ingredients. The Stress Soother has a tangerine and rosemary scent, while the Cheerful Mind is made up of lemon and sweet orange. I actually bought the Cheerful Mind and Sweet Orange lip balms in a gift set.



Here are what the balms look like inside. You can tell from the shine that they're olive oil based. That may sound odd, but it doesn't smell like cooking oil at all. The balms may feel overly greasy to some, so I don't recommend them for people who already have well-moisturized skin. But my hands get really chapped, especially my knuckles, and these work wonders for extra dry skin. They're perfect for the wintertime. The original balm, "For Hardworking Hands," is especially good for calloused skin. The other two also can be used for aromatherapy. I like to rub the stress soother one on my temples when I need to relax.



The Cocoa Butter Lip Balm is divine. I love orange chocolate, and this smells so delicious that I want to eat it! The stick is also really hefty, so like the balms, it lasts a long time. I've had all of these products for months and I've barely put a dent in any of them. The Cocoa Butter Lip Balms come in a variety of different scents.

Bottom Line: WS Badger Co. is a fantastic skin care line with organic (but not vegan) products. They are very affordable (each balm costs around $7) and they last a very long time.

Even Better: Badger announced on their Facebook page today that they are holding a Thanksgiving sale with free shipping very soon! It's the perfect opportunity to try them out!
Learn more about Badger Balm and check out their online store here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.