Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Time For a Food Interlude!

From time to time I’m going to post about food on this blog, because one of the few things I love more than shopping is eating a good meal. So expect restaurant reviews and other food-related reviews, which will be titled Food Interludes.



What’s this bad boy? Well, it’s supposed to be a Breakfast Casserole. Tomorrow we’re having a production department breakfast party at work, and I volunteered to make a dish to pass. I’m not a huge cook, but I figured this would be something fun to bring. The recipe was super easy, you can view it behind the “read more” cut.

So how does it taste? I’m not sure yet! I’ll have to let you know tomorrow after work. Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks (I loooove bacon). I hope it looks good to you, too :)

Here's the recipe:
  • 1/4 c. butter, melted
  • 2 c. unseasoned croutons
  • 2 c. onion and garlic croutons
  • 2 c. grated cheddar cheese
  • 2 c. milk
  • 8 eggs, beaten
  • 1 tbsp. prepared mustard
  • 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Coat a 9 x 1 x 13 inch casserole dish with vegetable spray. Place croutons in casserole dish and pour butter over croutons. Sprinkle with grated cheese.

Mix milk, eggs, and mustard and pour over cheese mixture. Sprinkle bacon crumbs on top.

Bake at 325°F for about 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes.

Serves about 8.

Recipe found on Cooks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.