Sunday, December 25, 2011

X Out Wash In Treatment Review

I received the X Out Wash In Treatment in my Influenster Holiday VoxBox.  It was one of the special extra items that Influenster sent out, so I was really happy to have received one.  It was supposed to go out to college students, but I'm currently not in school.  I think I may have received it because I'm a recent grad; I graduated with my undergrad degree this past May.


Regardless of why I received the treatment, I was eager to try it.  It's a one-step acne wash from the creators of Proactiv.  It's formulated to help kill the bacteria that causes breakouts, banish existing pimples, and leave skin feeling smooth and looking healthy.  X Out works to lift away the dirt and grime that can clog pores and lead to breakouts.  It also leaves behind a powerful medicine that helps to keep pores clean after washing.  It's sold as a 30-day supply and comes with a bonus Shine Control product to help fight excess oil; the subscription is $19.95 per supply.

I have sensitive skin, so I worried that this product would be too strong for my skin.  I've been blessed with pretty good skin and I never had too many breakouts while I was in high school and college.  I still wanted to give this a try, though.  The sample sized I received (pictured above) was a good size--2.5 ounces.  It can be used as a wash, a mask, or a spot treatment.  I decided to use it as a wash.

The first thing that I noticed was the scent.  I'm a very scent-driven person, and this one smelled nice and sweet; it reminded me of bubblegum.  It's a white cream with little exfoliating particles in it.  The texture reminded me of a sugar scrub.  The directions say to massage into face for 1-2 minutes, but I knew that would be way too long and harsh on my delicate skin.  I probably rubbed it in for about 30 seconds, then washed it off.  My skin felt nice and smooth after, but it definitely dried it out quite a bit.  One thing I thought was fun about it is that there is a QR code on the side of the bottle that you can scan for a "daily distraction."  These distractions last for the 1-2 minutes you're supposed to wash for, so it's a good way to time your progress.  I don't have a smartphone (I know, I'm practically a dinosaur!) so I couldn't try it out, but you can also view them at dd.XOut.com.
Bottom Line: I think that the X Out Wash In Treatment would be great for someone who has severe acne.  It's not something I would buy a full-sized version of because I have fairly clear, sensitive skin.  I will continue to use it as a mask or an exfoliating wash on occasion, though.

*Disclaimer: I received the X Out Wash In Treatment for free as a part of Influenster's VoxBox program in exchange for writing reviews and promoting the products included in the box via social media.  I was not monetarily compensated for this review and the honest opinions are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.