Saturday, September 29, 2012

Etsy Spotlight: buttoNvee

I've wanted to feature an Etsy artist on here for a while, and now I finally am!  My first-ever spotlight is on someone I've known since kindergarten, my friend Jen -- her house is the next street over from mine so it means a lot to me that I can feature not only a great crafter, but someone I've been friends with for a long time!

The detailing on my buttoNvee scarf
Jen's shop is called buttoNvee, and she creates "Button Creations For Your Personality!"  Her items are so cute; my favorite are the scarves.  I picked out a white one with a cluster of tan/off-white buttons.  I love the piece-y effect of the strings and I wear it as a double-looped infinity scarf.  She has a variety of scarves, headwraps, and bracelets as well.  Jen has always been a total sweetheart, too, and I know that she'd work with anyone who wanted a custom item until it was just right!


Here's what Jen has to say about buttoNvee, Etsy, and crafting in general:

What was your inspiration for buttoNvee?
My business buttoNvee came about from a long-lived passion for creating new things and seeing what worked out. I remember years ago going to craft stores and just grabbing things that caught my eye. I would go home and make various items and if they didn't look right I would try it a different way or something new, so in that entire process became buttoNvee.

I started with actually started with gloevs. I had an old pair of winter mittens that I just loved and wanted to restyle. After that I started creating designs for winter headwraps, the headbands that cover your ears. And I have always loved scarves so I asked myself, "why spend so much money and time searching for the perfect scarves when I can make them and design them the way I want!?" And still to this day I am trying new creations and expanding my network to hopefully attract new customers and life-long friends.

How long have you been creating things for buttoNvee?
I started my Etsy shop in January of this year, 2012. I am very pleased with the response I have gotten in the past 8 months! I have had a lot of people contact me to make an original piece for them and a lot of small parties to sell things in person. You may notice that my site may not have a ton of online sales, but most of my current customers are local and able to do business in person. I would love for more people to be a part of buttoNvee though! I think that button accessories are just so unique and fun for any age group so come check me out :)

Pretty purple buttoNvee bracelet
What has been your favorite creation so far?
My favorite creation so far is a bracelet I made in pure gut feeling. A customer came to me and asked for a black bracelet (to match her scarf she purchased from buttoNvee a week before) with a unique band. So I thought to make a braided band with 2 braids with lace and black at the top and silver buttons on either side of the lace vertically. It came out so wonderful, I'm hoping to put some on my site in a few weeks for Etsy-goers to check out!

Do you have any advice for people who are looking to start their own Etsy shop?
Just make sure that you are dedidcated to your product(s) or supplies that you will be selling and don't give up if you are not successful within the first month! It took my business a few months to get going and now so many people are loving my button creations.  Good luck to you and your hobbies, passions, and future Etsy shops!!!

Fleece headwrap -- perfect for the approaching colder months
Jen was kind enough to offer a 10% off coupon to her shop for my readers, the code is Dcoupon1.  This is good for your entire purchase and has no expiration date as of right now -- that might change if Jen gets a ton of orders with it.

  • Please check out buttoNvee and see what Jen has to offer; you won't be disappointed with any of her items.  Add her to your Etsy favorites if you like what you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.