Thursday, January 3, 2013

December Glossybox Review (USA)

I've been wanting to try Glossybox for a while but I never did because I didn't want to shell out the $21 on top of the $20 I was already paying for Conscious Box.  I kept looking up other peoples' reviews, though, and I liked what I saw.  It's basically a more expensive Birchbox, so you're getting more full-sized products and larger samples.


I finally gave in to the box when they ran a promotion in November for 40% off, so my first box cost me around $12.  I'm so glad that I got the December box because I really loved it!  I finally got a video camera so I didn't have to film unboxing videos on my iPhone anymore, but I guess I'm not used to it yet because I just realized that somehow my video got cut off before I finished and this post has waited long enough, so I'm not going to film a new one.


Technical troubles aside, here's what was in my box:

  • Pleats Please Eau de Toilette by Issey Miyake - I've only ever gotten one perfume sample from a subscription service that I really liked, and this was not it.  It's very floral so I didn't care for it; I prefer scents that are spicy/woody (and sometimes fruity).
  • Acacia Protein Oil by Ecru New York Cosmetic Hair Care - I haven't used this yet but it's a small little vial (more photos at the end of the post) of oil, which I'm sure works the same way most hair oils do.
  • Luxurious Ayurveda Bath & Shower Oil by Forest Essentials - I haven't used this yet either, or even opened it, but I think I'm going to like it.  It's cruelty-free and I love using body oils in the winter because my skin gets even more dried out than usual.
  • White Tea Bath Salts by Heartland Fragrance Co. - These smell wonderful!  I don't take baths often so I'll probably use these as an exfoliant instead of bath salts.
  • Pronto Dry Heat Protect Spray by Oscar Blandi - I really like this product.  It smells a little weird, slightly citrus-y but also just a little strange to me, but it's not so off-putting that I didn't want to use it.  I heat style daily but take my showers at night before bed, and a lot of heat protectant products are meant for wet hair.  I like this one because it's cruelty-free and meant for dry hair.
  • Storm Nail Lacquer by Zoya - ZOYA IS MY FAVORITE!  I was so excited to learn that there was going to be a full-sized bottle in this box.  Unfortunately I got a shade I already own, but it's still a gorgeous polish and I'm still glad I got it.
  • Cocktail Rings by JewelMint - Getting jewelry was a really nice extra, however I don't love the rings I received.  They seem really cheaply made; they remind me of something you might get out of a gumball machine, so I can't imagine anyone ever paying the full $30 retail for them.  One has a green gem and the other a brown one, and I'll probably wear the brown one before I'd wear the green.  I guess I forgot to take a picture of them, but maybe I'll edit the post with one if people really want to see it.

Bottom Line: I loved this box, hands down.  I didn't continue my subscription, though, because I'm not sure I want to commit to Glossybox at this time -- there are other services that I like better.  I'll probably come back to it at some point in the future if they continue to produce boxes like these.

More photos are after the "read more."




*Disclaimer: I purchased this box with my own money and was not asked to review it.  I was not compensated for this review in any way and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.