Thursday, April 4, 2013

March Little Black Bag Review

Ah, I've been so lazy about posting recently!  Sorry about that.  I had filmed an unboxing video for this Little Black Bag but I didn't like how it turned out and I didn't end up filming another, so a regular blog post will have to do.


The items I received in my March bag were excellent and this has been my favorite bag yet.  Trading went really well and I was able to amass a total of five items, not including the two bonus products I got.  The above photo is of my smaller items; my main item was the Pink Cosmo Studded Barrel Satchel ($65).  It's the item that I opened with and I intended to break it down into a multi offer (which I did), but in the end I ended up trading for it again because it was really the only bag I wanted at the time.


I love this purse.  It's pretty big--I imagined it would be the same size as the Street Level Basic Satchel I had gotten in my second January bag, but it's wider and longer.  They had it available in a bunch of colors and I know the light blue one was pretty popular, but I love black bags and this one is perfect for me.  I'm not too big into the studs trend, but I liked this one because the studs aren't too crazy.  The faux leather is also really soft and I like how it's got those marks in it (I don't really know how to describe them, but you can see them best on the left side of the purse in the photo above) because it makes it look more like real leather.  Overall, the bag seems really well made.  I just hope none of the studs fall off, because I know that's been a problem with other Pink Cosmo bags.

The other items I received were:


  • 'ZAD Owl Stud Earrings ($16) - These are so cute!  I really like owls, and birds in general, but I wasn't sure if I was going to like these since they seem a bit more appropriate for a younger girl.  I think I can still pull them off, though, because they're nice and small.  My favorite part is that the eyes are made of pink rhinestones (you can see them better in the photos after the "read more").
  • Danielle Nicole Davina Mini Crossbody ($28) - This is the perfect little crossbody!  I was really excited to get two bags in one LBB because it was the first time I've been able to do so.  I know it only retailed for $28 and it isn't as big of a deal as getting two $80 purses, but I'm still really happy with it.  It's definitely small and not very wide, but I'm going to use it over the summer for when I go to festivals, the zoo, etc.  It's got enough room for my phone (iPhone), some chapstick, and my cards and cash (which I'll put in my Vera Bradley zip ID case).
  • Flea Market Girl Key Rope Bracelet ($12) - I love this bracelet!  It's cute and dainty, which is my favorite type of jewelry.  I got it on my last day of trading and was unsure about it because I was afraid the rope would be too thick, but it's perfect.  The rope is super soft and the charm is adorable.  It works well for layering.
  • All The Rage Stone Collar Drop Necklace ($22) - I stepped outside of my comfort zone with this one and I'm so glad I did.  I think this necklace is so pretty, and a good first foray into statement jewelry for a person like me.  I've only recently gotten into experimenting with accessories, and I like that this is versatile enough to wear to work or just out to lunch.  I know it kind of looks like a bra in the photo above, but when I'm wearing it I don't think it conjures up that imagery as much.
  • FusionBeauty Illumifill Line Filling Luminizer (bonus item) - Everyone who opened a bag in the beginning of March got one of these.  It's a full-sized item and retails for $49, but I can't imagine ever paying that much for it.  I tried it and I don't like it -- the applicator is clunky and it stinks as a luminizer.  I don't have any lines to worry about at the moment so I can't comment on how well it helps those, but it was barely visible as a highlighter.  I don't recommend this product at all.
  • Vosges Haut Chocolat Peppermint Bar (bonus item) - I do recommend this one!  I've always wanted to try Vosges, but I was never willing to pay $7 for a candy bar, so I was happy when I was offered this in a multi trade.  It's delicious, but still not worth $7.  You could definitely find a comparable chocolate for cheaper.

Bottom Line: I was so happy with this bag!  It was a $49.95 bag, but that doesn't really matter now because they have the new system in place.  But anyway, the overall retail value was $143, not including my bonus items, which is a pretty good haul I think.

More up-close photos of my items after the "read more."

'ZAD Owl Earrings

Flea Market Girl Key Rope Bracelet

All The Rage Stone Collar Drop Necklace

Danielle Nicole Davina Mini Crossbody

*Disclaimer: I purchased this myself and was not asked to review it.  I received no compensation and the honest opinions here are entirely my own.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing people's LBB reviews. Everyone always gets such awesome stuff. I want to try it, but I don't think I'd understand it fully my first time around. I just know from visiting the site that the first item you get to pick is pretty awesome! I love Betsey Johnson and they have so much of her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just made some changes to the system so that it's less expensive, so now might be a good time to give it a try. You could pick a lower-end item and that way if you don't end up loving the site, you won't be out $50 or more. It's really addicting, though, and I think you'll like it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.