Friday, June 7, 2013

Perlier Deluxe Travel Kit Review

I received the Perlier Deluxe Travel Kit through the iFabbo shop to review, and I have to say that these little guys are perfectly sized for travel!  It contained eight products total, four body washes and four lotions.  Perlier is an Italian company that has been making cosmetics for 80 years, and they specialize in deriving active ingredients from medical plants.


Perlier's products are entirely cruelty-free, proof of which I found on their website (fifth paragraph from the top).  They also advertise as having natural ingredients, which I feel is half-true.  They do use organic honey, white almond oils, and various other ingredients derived from nature, but they also contain ingredients such as parabens and sodium laureth sulfate, so if truly organic products are your preference these may not be for you.


The kit contained four shower creams (1.6 fl oz), one in each of the following: Honey Miel, Olivarium, White Almond, and Shea Butter.  They all lathered well and are lightly scented.  I don't have much to say about these other than that, unfortunately, because they were pretty standard as far as shower creams go.  My favorite was the Honey Miel due to its light honey scent.  Unfortunately these contain quite a few synthetic lathering agents and preservatives, which I prefer to stay away from.


The kit also contained four hand creams (1 fl oz.) matching each variety that the shower creams came in.  I liked that these were very lightly scented, because I don't like to use hand creams that are too fragrant.  The creams were thicker in consistency and absorbed quickly into my skin.  The first ingredient, like with most lotions and creams, is water, and these also contain quite a few synthetic ingredients.

  • If these Perlier products interest you, click here and use code "ifabbo5" to receive $5 off any Perlier product purchased through HSN.
  • Visit the Perlier website to learn more and browse their full line of products

Bottom Line: I appreciate that Perlier is cruelty-free, but I can't say that these would be my top choice in skin care due to the amount of synthetic ingredients they contain.  It's tough for me because I do like that they contain organic honey, olive oil, and the like, but that is almost cancelled out by the fact that they also contain parabens and more.  Overall, I'll let you decide what's right for you!

*Disclaimer: I received this travel kit through the iFabbo shop.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.