Sunday, May 17, 2015

May Birchbox Man Review

I've had my Birchbox Man box for a few weeks now but I kind of forgot about it...oops! Luckily it's still early in May so this review isn't too late.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.


This month I chose the guest editor box from Baxter of California. Technically the products are for Pete since I'm, well, not a man, but I pay for the subscription because sometimes I feel that they include better items in the men's box than in the women's ones! Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I purchase this for my boyfriend but ultimately I have the final say when it comes to sample choice.


As one would assume, this box had items from the Baxter of California line. I was interested in trying their products because, aside from the shaving ones, I figured I could use them as well.
  • Super Close Shave Formula ($1.07 for .5 fl oz) - I guess Baxter has an actual barbershop in L.A. where they use all of these products, but since we live in New York we won't be making it out there any time soon. This shave formula is "smooth and spreadable," according to the Birchbox website, and although it's meant for men's faces I'm thinking I could use it on my legs too if I really wanted to.
  • After Shave Balm ($2.25 for .5 fl oz) - This is a glycerin-rich, alcohol-free post-shave balm that can also be used as a daily moisturizer. It has aloe vera to reduce inflammation and allantoin to soften skin and reduce razor burn.
  • Clay Mask ($3.60 for .8 fl oz) - I'll definitely be commandeering this for myself because I have oily skin and I love using clay masks. This contains bentonite clay to scrub out stubborn pores and milder kaolin clay to gently exfoliate and increase circulation.
  • Daily Face Wash ($.85 for .5 fl oz) - This is a colorless, odorless facewash with anti-inflammatory aloe vera and age-fighting ginger extract. I like that it's simple and odorless and I think that would appeal to a lot of men, too.
  • Surfrider Candle ($12.70 for ~2 oz) - I'm guessing on the size of this, but it's a pretty good sized candle for a sample. It's also the main reason why I picked this box; I love candles! It has a beautiful scent that definitely reminds me of the ocean--it's crisp and clean with a little bit of sweetness thrown in, too.
Bottom Line: I think this Baxter of California box is one of the most well-curated boxes I've seen from Birchbox (from both the men's and women's boxes). I liked that they included skincare samples that could be used all together and the candle was a great bonus.

What do you think of the Baxter of California box?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.