Sunday, July 19, 2015

Rachel Zoe Box of Style Summer Box Review

I usually don't buy subscription boxes that cost more than $30 or $40 unless they are really good, and most that I've seen that are above that price range usually aren't. I was intrigued by Rachel Zoe's Box of Style when it was announced, but I wanted to see what was in the first box before subscribing. Turns out it was pretty good, so I wanted to give the Summer box a try and I'm glad I did!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


The Box of Style is curated by celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe and costs $100 per quarter. It boasts at least $300 worth of merchandise. This Summer box is no longer available, but the Fall box will begin shipping on September 1st!


The box itself is pretty big, about the size of the PopSugar Limited Edition boxes if you've ever purchased one of those. Mine took a while to ship to New York from California, and I'm super impatient so it was hard to see other people getting theirs while mine still hadn't even shipped yet!


One nice thing about Box of Style is that they release a spoiler for the "hero" item (the most expensive item in the box) before the boxes ship, so if you like spoilers you can at least check to make sure you'll like the hero item. I love spoilers, so when they announced that the hero item for this box was a purse I quickly subscribed!

The box has six items and I really liked all of them. I peeked at full spoiler posts on other blogs because I'm not the type to wait to be surprised. I just can't deal. I like surprises, sure, but I also like spoilers!


I'll start with the big ticket item: the Cambridge Satchel Company White Leather Pushlock Handbag. (originally $148.23, now on sale for $74.11). Like I said, I subscribed after seeing this spoiler because I'm handbag-obsessed and I didn't have a white purse like this one. I thought it was super cute for summer and that I'd get a lot of use out of it. Turns out I didn't love it as much once I received it. Don't get me wrong, it's nicely made and roomy enough to carry your essentials without being too big, but I just wasn't in love with it overall. I posted it for swap and ended up getting a Deux Lux backpack I wanted in exchange, so it was still a win!


Another item I'm on the fence about is the Mara Hoffman Sarong ($98). This was made exclusively for this box and is really quite beautiful, but I'm not 100% sure it's my style. I rarely, if ever, am in a bathing suit so I have no use for it as a cover up. It can be worn in different ways, and I thought I might wear it as a scarf, but the pattern is a lot so I'm not sure what I'll wear it with yet.


I'm really glad that Rachel included a bunch of makeup and skincare items in the box, especially because two of them were from Too Faced!
  • Too Faced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer ($30) - I currently use the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer but I was more than happy to receive this as a backup. It's a little shimmery in the pan but doesn't look too outrageous once it's applied.
  • O.R.G. Skincare Mineral Peel Face ($44) - I'm really excited to try this; it's a spray on exfoliant. I've never used anything like this before and I hope that it's effective. I think you just spray it on, leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse it off.
  • Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Spice Spice Baby ($22) - I loooove the La Creme lipsticks! I usually don't wear lipstick because it's too drying, but these are so creamy and feel super smooth and moisturizing. I also love the shade, it gives just enough color but isn't too in-your-face.
  • Bristols 6 Nippies Skin ($26) - These weird me out a little bit and I could take them or leave them, but they're good to have in case I ever have a dress or top that I can't wear a bra with. You can also put them in your shoes for extra support.
Bottom Line: I really enjoyed the Summer Box of Style! I liked every single item (well, I'm indifferent about the Nippies), and was pleased with the curation. Even though I didn't end up keeping the purse, I still think it's a beautiful item that a lot of people will be happy to receive. The overall retail value of the box, if you include the original price of the purse and not the sale price, is $368.23!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.