Sunday, January 3, 2016

Stitch Fix Review - Fix #2

I received my first Stitch Fix back in March (read that review here) and I was underwhelmed by the selections. I did end up keeping once piece, but I held off on ordering another Fix due to the prices and selection. When I got my Christmas bonus from work I decided to give them another try, and I liked this Fix a lot more!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love! Post contains referral links.


Stitch Fix is a styling service that works a little bit differently than traditional subscription boxes. Each Fix has a $20 styling fee, and you can sign up to have a Fix delivered automatically (e.g., once a month), or you can just log in and order one on a one-time basis whenever you wish. You fill out a style profile, which can include a link to a Pinterest board, that the stylist uses to choose clothing and accessories for you. You can then try on the items for three days, keep what you like at special member prices, and send back the rest. Shipping both ways is free, and the $20 styling fee is used towards any item you choose to keep. If you send back every item, though, you don't get a refund of the $20 fee.


My last Fix included TONS of stripes, so I specifically requested no stripes this time around! I also cleaned up my Pinterest "Clothes/Stitch Fix Inspiration" board so that it more accurately reflected my style. I highly recommend putting together a Pinterest board for the stylist to reference, I think it helps them really get a sense of your style.

I was much happier with my stylist picks this time around. I received four clothing items and one accessory. Each Fix comes with a note from the stylist and inspiration cards for all of the pieces you received. I was really excited to try on the jacket they sent me, and overall was pleased with the look of the selections.


I know that photos of me actually wearing the clothes would be preferable for a post like this, but unfortunately I live alone and have no one to take good photos of me. I tried setting my camera to a timer delay, but the photos just didn't look good. I don't have a good space to model the selections on.

Anyway, the piece I was most excited to try was the Monoreno Kalbarri Cargo Jacket ($78 to keep). I really liked how the silhouette looked on the style card and I had been wanting to get a jacket like this for a while. Unfortunately it just didn't look great on me. I am petite (5'3") and this was just bulky enough that it overwhelmed my small frame. I was bummed because I really wanted this to work on me! I would have kept it if it was a bit more fitted.


I was also excited to try the La Classe Couture Jeanne Faux Leather Fleece Lined Legging ($58) because they were so different than anything I own! I mean, I have lots of leggings, but none that are faux leather. I also liked that they were fleece lined, because it gets cold here during the winter. These fit nicely along my legs but were just a bit too tight in the waist (they were also pretty high-waisted, which isn't my favorite), so I decided to send them back.


I love the color of the Market & Spruce Talena Side Zipper Knight Top ($48) and the zipper detail, but I didn't like the ruching along the zipper. This also has an asymmetrical hem, which you can see better in the photo of the style cards at the beginning of the post. I would have kept this if the ruching wasn't there.


The Collette Antigo Button Down Front Pocket Knit Top ($58) was my favorite piece. It perfectly fits my style -- the color, the cut, and the design. The material was also super soft and the shirt fit my body really well. I didn't end up keeping it, though, because I know I can find a similar style for a much cheaper price elsewhere.


I considered keeping the Romolo Janine Stacked Bar Pendant Necklace ($28) because it would only be $8 more out of my pocket due to the $20 styling fee, but I just didn't really like it that much. I like pendant necklaces, but the actual charm part was too big and bulky.

Bottom Line: Even though I didn't end up keeping any of the pieces in this Fix I was much happier with the stylist's selections this time around. I think she picked items that really fit my style aesthetic, but I didn't keep anything because either the price or the fit weren't quite right. I will definitely be ordering another Stitch Fix soon, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.