Thursday, April 14, 2016

April Target Beauty Box Review

I've only gotten one other Target Beauty Box before (read that review here) because they usually sell out lightning fast, and by the time I would get around to checking they were long gone. I snagged this month's, though, and I'm glad I did!

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Target Beauty Boxes come out once a month and must be purchased on a monthly basis--this is not a renewing subscription. Boxes usually cost $5 or $7, and this one cost $7 (shipping is free). It's currently sold out, but you can purchase the individual products featured here.


As you could probably guess since it is from Target, the boxes contain lower-end brands that you can find at stores like Target and other drug stores. That being said, Target has some really great brands for sale so I still think this box is a great deal! Each box also comes with a $3 off coupon on a beauty purchase of $15 or more.

  • Laneige Water Bank Soothing Mask - I love that Target carries Laneige now! I want to work more Korean skincare products into my routine and having such a great brand easily accessible at Target is a huge plus. This mask has a "gel-whipped formula," according to the info card, and offers extra hydration and a smooth finish.
  • Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation - I'm assuming that the same shade was sent with every box, which was "Classic Ivory." This definitely is not going to match my skin color. It's just a tiny sample anyway, though, so I'm not too upset about not being able to use it.
  • Marlowe No. 022 Body Butter - I lost my L'Occitane hand cream somewhere in NYC last weekend so I needed a replacement, and this one is perfect! Even though it's a body butter I'm going to use it as a hand cream only because I love thick creams for the scaly skin I get on my hands (I know, so cute, right?). This is also specially formulated for sensitive skin.
  • Pantene AIRspray Hair Spray - This is a new hairspray that's made without alcohol or ethanol.
  • COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick - I got the shade 375 - Coquette Orchid, which is a subtle mauve shade. It's infused with shea butter and provides lasting color. I haven't swatched it yet, but the shade is really pretty.
  • CeraVe Healing Ointment - This is also perfect for my dry hands. The skin around my knuckles gets so cracked and dry, and this soothes chafed and cracked skin without feeling greasy. It absorbed pretty quickly into my skin and left it feeling so soothed.
  • Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport SPF 30 Lotion - A travel-sized sunscreen is always good to have. This one is oil-free and sweat- and water-resistant for up to 80 minutes.
  • Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes - I've used these before and I like them a lot. I'll throw this sample pack into my gym bag,
CeraVe Healing Ointment

COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick

COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick

Bottom Line: I think this box was excellent for only $7! I think the Laneige mask, Marlowe body butter, and the CeraVe are my favorite products. I wish that it was easier to get one of these boxes, but hopefully I can snag one for May, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.