Saturday, May 14, 2016

Stitch Fix Review - Fix #3

I ordered my third Stitch Fix after winning a $100 gift card, with the sole purpose of getting an anorak jacket. Plus, Stitch Fix is just fun overall and I love seeing what my stylist picks out for me. This fix was pretty good, and I did end up getting the jacket I wanted, but not without a slight hiccup...

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love (kind of). Post contains referral links.


Oops, I just realized I didn't take a picture of the actual box or anything, but you all probably know what Stitch Fix shipments look like by now. If you don't, check out my first two reviews, I'll link to them at the end of this post.

Stitch Fix costs $20 up front for a styling fee, and you can then use that $20 towards any item you choose to keep. If you don't keep anything, you don't get a refund for the $20. I think this is a pretty fair price for a styling fee, though, and I usually end up keeping at least one item. Shipping is free both ways, too.


But onto my first item! The Yosi Samra Samara Leather Toe Stud Flats ($88 to keep). When you request a Fix you can include notes to your stylist and I requested a pair of strappy black heels and the anorak jacket. Stitch Fix just recently started sending shoes so their inventory is growing, and unfortunately they didn't have anything similar to what I requested. These flats are still really cute and totally my style, and they were very comfortable as well. I ended up sending them back because I already have a lot of black flats and I couldn't justify the price.



You can also link to a Pinterest board for your stylist to peruse, which I highly recommend doing. The more detailed, the better--I always include captions on what I specifically like about each item I pin. I have a ton of pins from Wendy's Look Book, and my stylist, Erika, sent the Kut From The Kloth Connie Distressed Frayed Hem Skinny Jean ($88) because they reminded her of one Wendy's looks. I don't own any ripped jeans and I really liked the wash and design of these, but I didn't love the frayed hem. If they were a regular hem I probably would have kept them. They were super comfortable, too!


Next up is the Papermoon Lauderhill Lace Panel Knit Top ($48). Black is my favorite color to wear and I also love lace, so this was another great pick for me! It fit well and was super soft, but I sent it back because I already have a very similar top.


The Loveappella Zola Asymmetrical Striped Dress ($58) was the only miss for me. When I first took it out of the box I wasn't sure about it, but I figured that I should at least try it on, because you never know. Unfortunately this was just not flattering on me. The asymmetrical design is really fun, but I think this would look better on someone taller (I'm 5'3"). I just looked kind of stumpy in it, so I sent it back.


And, saving the best for last, the Market & Spruce Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket ($88)! I absolutely love this jacket and it is exactly what I wanted. I wrote in my note that I preferred Earth tones, so I was open to receiving tans, greens, or something like that, but I was really hoping for an army green and that's exactly what I got! I didn't even have to pay anything out of pocket for this, since with the $20 styling fee it actually cost $68 to keep, and my gift card was for $100.


I love this jacket so much. Sorry for the crappy quality of the photo above, but I live alone and it's hard for me to take pictures of myself in clothes with my DSLR. This still gives you a good idea of what it looks like and how it fits. I love all the pockets, and the material is warm enough for chillier spring days, but it isn't too thick, either. The hood is also nice and actually stays on my head (I hate when it's windy out and the hood just blows right off).


Now, the only problem I ran into with this jacket was that the front right pocket started to tear only a week or two after I got it. The only thing I used it for was putting my phone in and out of, I didn't even use the button to close it. I was kind of bummed that, for a jacket that retails for $88, it was already ripping. I contacted Stitch Fix and asked if I could exchange it, but I said I understood if I couldn't since I had already worn it out and about. Their customer service was awesome and offered to either give me a full refund for the price of the jacket if I returned it, or a 15% refund to cover the cost of repairs if I felt I could repair it on my own. Unfortunately they didn't have any more in stock, so they couldn't send me a replacement, but I think they would have it if they could have. Anyway, I chose to take the 15% refund and repair it myself. I was surprised that that was even an option, and I was so happy that they went above and beyond to offer it to me!
  • Visit Stitch Fix to fill out your style profile and get your first Fix!
  • Read my reviews for Fix #1 and Fix #2
Bottom Line: This third Stitch Fix was pretty successful, and if I had more money to spend I probably would have kept the flats and the lace t-shirt. I really loved the jeans, I just wish they had a different hem. I'll definitely be ordering another Fix soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.