Saturday, August 19, 2017

July Sports Crate Review - Chicago Cubs

Well, it looks like Sports Crate will just be delayed a month going forward. July's Crate was held up by production issues again, but the contents were well worth the wait.

*Disclaimer: This box was purchased by See, Shop, Love!


Sports Crate is $39.99 per month for 5-7 officially licensed, team-specific items valued at $80+ total. Crates are available for the following teams: Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Mets, New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants, and the Texas Rangers.

I purchased the Season Pass option for $179.99 for all five boxes (May-September), but this option is no longer available given there are only two months left. If you also purchased the Season Pass, I saw on Sports Crate's Twitter that our extra action figure will be included in the September box.


As I said in the beginning of this post, this Crate was late again due to production issues. Last month I was annoyed because Sports Crate was not very communicative, but this month they did a much better job in my opinion. They sent out a few emails updating us on the progress of the Crates. While it's still annoying, at least this time I knew what was going on and when to expect the box. I also got my tracking email without having to ask for it, which hadn't happened with the previous two boxes.

I think many subscribers are upset with the shipping issues, and rightfully so, but I'm in it for the long haul since I bought the Season Pass and can't cancel. I still like the boxes a lot though so I don't mind the late shipping as long as Sports Crate continues to keep us informed.

Anyway, the July box was themed Round Tripper and had five items. I think this is the best box yet, and I'm glad that they keep getting better each month! Also, mine literally arrived right as Ian Happ hit his 17th home run versus the Blue Jays, so that's good luck, right?



  • Cubs Wallet - This is a 100% genuine leather wallet that came in a nice case. I'm actually surprised that it's real leather because it felt like faux to me. It's a bi-fold with six credit card slots and a nice divider with a see-through slot on either side for your license or other card you want to display. I love the black color and simple design.

  • "Hit the Road" T-Shirt - I really like this shirt! The design is much better than the first shirt we got in the May Crate. I like that it's gray because I live in neutral colors. The design is unique and exclusive to Sports Crate, and there's only a small Sports Crate logo on the left sleeve.

  • Cubs Sun Shade - I don't see many people using sun shades for their cars, but I do. The one I was using prior to receiving this is a Car Full of Cats design from Archie McPhee, and it really does work to keep my car a little cooler and (more importantly) it protects your dashboard from the harmful rays of the sun. That being said, I just tried to put this in my car and it didn't work. A sun shade needs suction cups or something else to keep it attached to the windshield, otherwise it just falls down. I couldn't get this to stay up against my windshield because it has no attachments, unless there is some other way to place them that I'm unaware of. I hope I can figure something else out though because I love the design.
  • Kris Bryant BALLERS Action Figure and Topps Trading Card - I knew they had to do either a KB or an Anthony Rizzo (I'm still hoping for Rizzo in one of the next boxes) BALLERS, since they're probably the two most popular players on the team. I also think this BALLERS looks the most like the real player than the past two. I also like that it's a road jersey design because I love the road grays. The Topps card is also an exclusive to Sports Crate, but the one I got is different than the one pictured on the info card.


The BALLERS figure came with a removable bat and also a glove, so you can pop one of Kris's hands off and attach the glove. He's also a little top heavy. But at least they got his dreamy blue eyes right (lol)!
Bottom Line: This was a really good Sports Crate. I'm still glad I subscribed, even though they have had some pretty disappointing shipping issues. The items are high quality and have been a lot of fun so far. I'm excited to see what the last two boxes will contain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I love any and all feedback and I read every comment.